Saturday, November 2, 2013

Technology in my life!

In my personal life......I will not lie, I use technology all day, every day.  However, it may not be in the most productive or efficient way.  I use social media to communicate and track my friends and family.  I use my Google, Twitter, and Pinterest for professional development.  I love reading what is happening in other schools, with other teachers, and sharing ideas.  I use technology to collaborate, communicate, get creative ideas, and for entertainment of course

Professionally, I use technology daily as well.  I have a website and a Facebook page to communicate with parents.  I also use and online grade book system that allows me to communicate grades via email to my parents.  I use many programs to make presentation for the class.  I use my Pro board to teach.  I use my computer and many online programs to communicate and teach my students. 

I would like to improve with my effective use of technology.  So many times, I have too many programs I want to use, too many websites I want to share with students, and too many apps open on my phone.  I would like to find a place to "house" all of the apps and websites I use daily.  I am always on technology overload so to speak.  I need help deciding what best practice is for me and my students.  I am hoping this course will help me with this!!

I feel that is important to be organized and efficient.  I want the students to see that they can use technology and not overwhelm them.  Sometimes, I feel like I need to slow down and help the students think through and use those critical thinking skills instead of just doing it for them and moving them on.  I have seen the students get frustrated and not want to use technology and I want to help them and be a good role model in the way I use technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment