Saturday, February 1, 2014

Reflection of Course

Technology Integration 101 has helped me see a bigger picture for technology in my school.  I began this course only expecting to find some more resources to use in the classroom.  Instead, I realized that I need to think about the school as a whole and not just my classroom.  I created projects and handouts that I can share with my colleagues.  I was also able to update my professional portfolio.

I see myself using the content of this course to help other teachers leave more details about technology for substitute teachers and not changing their plans because they are afraid the sub can't handle it.   I also found some wonderful resources to pass on to teachers if they are still apprehensive about technology in the classroom.  I have had 3 teachers sign up for another course from Five-Star because they have heard and seen how much I have learned!

I now have a presentation to share with the teachers, administration, and board members to hopefully get them more excited about technology in the classroom.   I believe that if they see how much our students can learn, how engaged they will be, how behavior problems may decrease, and test scores will increase, administration/board members will be more willing to help us purchase technology or write grants to receive the technology.  I have also made some contacts through this course that I can reach out to with questions or to collaborate with on projects.

I feel that I am getting closer to flipping my classroom!  My students are definitely benefiting from this course as well.  I passed on any programs I learn about and they tried them too!  We are learning together and they have seen that learning doesn't stop when you become an adult!!  Because I am feeling more confident in my ability to use technology in the classroom, the students are feeling better about themselves too!

No comments:

Post a Comment